Sunday 22 January 2012

Museum of my Heritage. Exhibit No.1!

My main vision in setting up this blog was to catalogue and share the many beautiful handicrafts produced by my family through generations. It's something of a coincidence that both sides of my family have long histories of making things with their hands, but it's a heritage I am very thankful for.




This colourful chap was made from felt by my Grandma, Doris, who turned 90 last September. He is certainly at least 50 years old. In his pocket he stores little sticks which were called "spills" and used to tamp down the tobacco in a pipe. Grandma made several of them for a bring and buy sale, and this one to keep.


Doris has showered all her family with a lifetime of lovingly handcrafted items, so as you can imagine, there will be more posts where this came from Grandma also patiently taught me to knit, sew and bake, and to live frugally but happily, for which I cannot measure my gratitude  

No comments:

Post a Comment