Monday 20 February 2012

Mixed feelings over a baby cloche

It's always nice to hold with tradition and give something handmade when a friend has a baby, but I must admit that each time I work on a piece for a little one, I have begun to wonder when I will get the chance to make stuff for a child of my own. In the meantime, at least I'm getting lots of practise! 


It is an unexpected side effect that playing the domestic goddess plays such havoc with my hormones, but I feel it illustrates how much emotion I invest into everything I make, and by the time I've finished the project I am always refocussed and looking forward to meeting the new arrival.  I wonder whether other crafters occasionally encounter such bitter-sweetness in producing their labours of love?


This little cloche took a bit of trial and error but I learnt lots doing it and I'm pleased with the scalloped edging. I hope it is a fitting way to say "welcome to the world " to a tiny young lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment